Baltimore Book Festival
Friday, September 23- Sunday, September 25, 2016
Inner Harbor Waterfront, Rash Field
- Friday – 2:00 p.m. Panel: Heroines Get Stuff Done
In movies, TV and books, heroines are taking control of the situation and getting things done. Join this appreciation of strong heroines and how authors balance the alpha heroine with the alpha hero.
- Saturday – 11:00 a.m. Panel: Contemporary Romance, Hot Genre, Hotter Heroes
Contemporary romance is popular and diverse, exciting, daring, and keeps readers coming back for more–join the conversation with these popular authors.
- Saturday – 2:00 p.m. Panel: Celebrating 75 years of Avon Romance: Author Chat with Avon Authors
Rule breakers, risk takers, rabble rousers: words to describe the heroines of these fierce Avon authors—and the authors themselves. Jennifer L. Armentrout, Katharine Ashe, Tracey Livesay, Laura Kaye, Jennifer McQuiston, and Alisha Rai join moderator Charis Michaels to discuss the conversations driving change in the romance genre today, from diversity to feminism to respect for the genre and its readers. Once a genre relegated to the fringes of the literary world, these authors are on the forefront of bringing it to the mainstream, and into the 21st century.
- Saturday – 5:00 p.m. Panel: Behold the Trends in Romancelandia
Discover what trends are shaking up the romance community and the new romance novels leading the charge.
- Sunday – 3:00 p.m. Panel: Tropes in Romance: Stepbrothers, Friends to Lovers, Secret Babies, Oh My!
A fun, interactive chat session discussing our favorite (and least favorite) romance tropes, how to keep them fresh, and what’s next.
- Sunday – 5 p.m. Author Meet and Greet
Book Signing – Midlothian, Virginia
Friday, November 4, 2016
A Romance Yarn-The Reading Salon
Dances With Wool
1229 Sycamore Square, Midlothian, VA 23113
Reading from Along Came Love